Content is king, and without owned content, your website and communication channels would be empty. Owned content is a crucial aspect of your brand, because it drives website traffic to increase online visibility and gets more people to visit your site, therefore generating leads and driving customers to act.
Owned content includes:
- Blog posts (testimonials from team members and/or customers, editorials, informative articles, and more)
- Staff bios
- Web copy
- Social media
- Company Assets (handouts, ebooks, infographics etc.)
- Any other written content for your site and communication channels
The more blog content you have with relevant keywords, the more your site will show up in search results, which will ensure people know about your services and product. You and other people can also share blog posts on social media, and blog posts can help provide ideas for social media content. Owned content is permanent, and you can reuse or recycle it by converting a blog post into an infographic, for example.
The 1893 Brand Studio has a campaigns team of professional content creators who will develop a fresh content strategy for your site. The Brand Studio’s content team can:
- Create fresh, new owned content for your site
- Rewrite existing owned content to appeal to your target audience
- Interview your team for personality pieces
- Produce web content that positions your team as experts in their field
The 1893 Brand Studio produces high-quality owned content that attracts more visitors to your site, motivates potential and current customers to purchase your services, and improves business.
Native content on dailytarheel.com:
Native advertisements are an innovative, effective means of brand advertising that effectively get your message and brand out there.
Sponsored content ads are native to the sites on which they live. They mimic the tone and voice of other Daily Tar Heel articles but are labeled as sponsored content.
According to a 2016 study by IHS Technology, native ads are significantly more effective than regular advertisements. The study found that:
- Users spent 40% more time engaging with native advertisements than standard ads
- Users were able to recall 2x as much about brands with native ads than ones with standard ads
- Mobile users paid 3x more attention to native ads than standard banner ads
- Mobile native ads performed up to 10x better than standard mobile display ads
Native advertisements are more user-friendly, interactive, and engaging than basic ads. Each native advertisement includes an entertaining narrative or useful information from which readers can benefit. Native ads are a part of the user experience and are not pushed to page margins like regular ads, so users perceive them positively and interact with them more.
The result of this is increased engagement and a more favorable impression of your business. A well-written native ad requires strong writing skills, which is where the 1893 Brand Studio comes in.
The 1893 Brand Studio’s content creation team includes skilled writers with experience in writing engaging, targeted sponsored content. Brand Studio content creators conduct interviews and research before writing branded native advertisements that target UNC students or people in the Orange County area. These are then posted to dailytarheel.com.
dailytarheel.com receives about 47,000 unique visitors every week. The website’s readership includes UNC students, faculty and parents as well as the Chapel Hill and Orange County community. This large audience ensures broad exposure for your business’ native ad, and the more exposure you get, the better your sales.
More than 80% of consumers always buy from brands they feel strong emotional connections with. They’re also willing to spend more money on them.
Effective marketing and branding is all about personal connection and emotional engagement. Newsletters are a low-cost, effective means of creating that engagement.
Newsletters create a direct link between your brand and your customers. Email newsletters, in particular, are a top business-to-consumer content marketing method. High-quality, engaging newsletters enable you to:
- Attract new website visitors – You can always recycle newsletter content to use on your website and drive traffic. This will increase the likelihood that your website can be found online, whether that’s through social media or search engines.
- Create brand recognition and awareness – With a specific style and consistent content, newsletters can help you distinguish your company. The more easily customers are able to recognize your brand, the more likely they’ll be to invest in it.
- Retain current and previous customers – Newsletters maintain a positive link of connection so you can stay in touch, ensure customers are aware of all your services and improve your chances of repeat business.
- Generate word-of-mouth referrals – 81% of consumers who feel emotional connections to brands will promote them to family and friends, according to a Capgemini Digital Transformation Institute survey. Creating an emotional connection via newsletters will ensure that your brand gets more word-of-mouth exposure.
- Network and build contacts – Offering consumers newsletters subscription allows you to get ahold of their contact information, and you can network with other professionals in your field by offering them features in your newsletters or asking to add them to your subscription list.
- Build brand value – Create a positive association by offering website visitors something in exchange for newsletter subscriptions, such as a discount on products or services. This can help you convert website visitors into potential clients and customers.
It’s clear that a good newsletter can be powerful, but how can you ensure your audience actually reads it? There’s no one-size-fits-all formula.
A strong newsletter is one that hooks readers within the first five seconds of them seeing it so that they’ll actually open it. It must be:
- Valuable to consumers
Sound challenging, overwhelming, and time-consuming? That’s because it is. A strong newsletter is extremely valuable. It’s also no easy task.
There are many newsletters out there, but few of them achieve their intended results. The 1893 Brand Studio team is looking to change that. With a motivated, energetic, adaptable team that’s eager to go the extra mile to distinguish your brand, we can create a newsletter that meets all of the above requirements and more.
Samples of Our Work
This story, produced for the Triangle Community Foundation and run by EducationNC, highlights the local impact of a nationwide initiative to help students read on grade level.
This piece, produced for the Triangle Community Foundation, to tell the unique story of Club Nova, a hub for rehabilitation from serious mental illness in Carrboro, NC.
A local man left an IT job to start Box Turtle Bakery. This feature was produced for Chapelboro.com.
A new mixed-use development project on Franklin Street brings big change to downtown Chapel Hill.